1. I am not as tough as I thought. Getting your legs waxed really hurts. Like a lot. I didn’t cry, but almost.
2. When you feature shops on your blog (as I did here) your loved ones give you gift certificates to those shops for your birthday! What a wonderful surprise! My plan is to feature Lexus this coming year and see what happens…
3. Debi Seibert from Slim in 6 workout video by Beachbody is trying to kill me slowly. She seems so nice… The $200 bet my husband and I made several months ago is still up for grabs. Debi will help me get there if she doesn’t kill me first.
4. The Stanley Hotel was visible from our mountain lodge where we spent Christmas. The movie was not filmed there but that is where Stephen King was inspired to write The Shining. That’s somehow creepier…
5. The best $4 I have ever spent was on these glasses…
6. Static can be terribly frustrating. We tried everything we could think of but it wouldn’t go away. Poor thing!
7. One child that can read to another child is the best thing that’s happened to me in a long time.
8. You can never have too much scarf.
9. I am not as good at Checkers as I had originially assumed. I am amazing at games requiring only luck. The “thinking” games are right out.
10. We must keep our eyes open. On our wonderful Colorado vacation we saw breathtaking scenery. The view leaving the grocery store was amazing for Pete’s sake! I had the opportunity to speak to a local and he said he doesn’t notice the mountains anymore. This prompted a conversation between my husband and I about how we have to intentionally see the beauty all around us. What an important reminder!
What did you learn last month? I’d love to hear about it!